Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

         It's Christmas once again and I am reminded of the miracles that have taken place in my life that have happened around this holiday.  23 years ago I was lying on an operating table in Madison Wisconsin receiving my second liver transplant.  Unfortunately at the time things were not going well.  My story had been pretty popular in Utah,  I'am not sure why it was so popular, but I'am grateful that it was, because of what happened while I was on that operating table. First of all I had died on that operating table, but that's obviously not what I am grateful for.   My dad had received a phone call from a news reporter from Utah asking for an update on me.  My Fathers reply was that things were not going well and that they were loosing me.  The reporter then asked if there was anything that they could do to help.  My Father's response was "Pray."  Just one simple word that I believed was part of the reason my life was saved.
        The reporter told the story, and as I have been told many churches of many different denominations called their members back to their various chapels and synagogues, as well as other houses of worship to pray for this poor little boy. I believe that no matter what denomination you are god hears your prayers, and all that love and faith was being directed toward me at that time. Many people would think that having something like this happening on Christmas day would be the worst thing that could happen.  Honestly I believe that it was the best time for it to happen.  Peoples hearts are more open, and the Spirit of God is more alive in everyone. I like this story because it shows the compassion in people, and the strength of prayer.
        To anyone who is going through something similar I say to you, don't loose faith.  Your heavenly father loves you very much.  Trust in him and all will be well.



     

No comments: